Monday, October 29, 2012



SELF EVALUATION

 

1.     Describe the overall composition of your artwork (balance, unity, rhythm and movement).
      I think my balance was good because the picture turned out ok. The rhythm and unity was good too. But I do think that my lines could have been a little straighter. Also My print didn't have much detail in the background, so I could of added a little more then what I have.
2.     How did you add texture and contrast to your print? Is this important? Why?
      I added texture and contrast to my picture by putting spots on the cheetah and making the trees to make them look like they had leaves. This is important because it helps the print look more realistic.   
3.     Explain how you used positive and negative space to show your image.
       I used positive and negative space in my image. I showed it by having and equal amount of cut out area and non - cut out area. This helped make the spots on the cheetah stand out more.
4.     Describe the craftsmanship of your print. (How good the project is technically crafted)
       I think the craftsmanship of the print was good. I think this because the lines were cleanly cut. Also because the actual printing was neat. The final products were done very well because there were no smudges on the paper after the paint.
5.     Were you able to achieve depth by showing a foreground, middle ground and back- ground? Explain.
      Yes, because I made the grass bigger at the bottom and smaller at the top. This made the grass seem bigger closer up. It also made the smaller grass seem farther away. I also made the tree in the background smaller because I wanted it to look like it was closer to the cheetah then the other grass.
6.     Explain your experience with Printmaking. What were the obstacles and advantages?
      My overall experience with print making was ok. This is because it was kind of hard to figure out what to cut. Some advantages would be that we didn't have make five different stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment